Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I Hate Potty-Training!

I was so excited that Allie started to be potty-trained, but it hasn't been going as well as I anticipated. Overall, she really has done well, but there are little things that have made it frustrating. First of all, she is very independent & wants to do things on her own. So, she'll go into the bathroom on her own, without me knowing, & then tries to clean herself on her own. Sometimes it becomes more & more of a mess as she tries to clean & ends up with a whole roll of toilet paper in the toilet. Fortunately, she doesn't flush the toilet or else we'd have a whole other problem to deal with. Also, she kind of forgets to come in the house when she needs to go & so she has accidents every time she is outside. I know she is just playing & having fun & doesn't want to stop what she is doing so she has an accident, but it happens over & over & I am a little tired of it. I know she can do it--she has, it's just by choice & that's what frustrates me the most. If I could only snap my fingers & make it all happen the way it should. I guess that would be too easy & not make me grateful for the day when potty-training is a success.

1 comment:

The Great Lakes of NY said...

Becca! I was soooo excited to see your comment and view your blog! Your family is so beautiful!! You seem so happy. I'm really grateful that good things happen to good people. Michele Garner Lake