Two of my favorite days of the year are the 1st & last days of school. I love it when my kids are going to be home for the summer & then by the end of the summer break I am ready for our lives to be back on a schedule. The 1st day of school gets us back in order & less chaotic. The kids are ready for it, too. It's fun to go clothes shopping, get the school supplies, find out who the new teachers are & then finally get to meet them. So much anticipation!!

Melissa started 6th grade this year at Heritage Middle School. She was so nervous about finding her classes, being able to open her locker & meeting new friends. I think her biggest challenge will be getting up & out the door on time so she doesn't miss the bus. 6:30AM comes real early each morning. I know this will be a great year for her--lots of growing up & fun activities to do. You'll do great Melissa!!

Brittany is going into 4th grade & her teacher is Mrs. Spenner. She was so excited to find out she got the teacher she wanted & her best friend, Alex, is in her class. Mrs. Spenner told her they would be raising trout this year & that made everything perfect for Brittany.
Nicole is in 1st grade & her teacher is Mrs. Davison. Nicole has been very nervous to start this year. Going all day doesn't seem to bother her, but going into the lunchroom is scary--she doesn't want to talk to the lunch ladies. After a few times I'm sure she'll be fine. She also told me that she is used to her teacher last year & so is nervous to have someone new this year. After she met Mrs. Davison last week, Nicole had some of her fears go away & decided that Mrs. Davison seemed really nice & funny.
The girls cousin, Caden, started Kindergarten & Brittany & Nicole are excited to have him ride the bus with them & see him at school now. I think they will all have a great year. Lots of friends to meet, days full of art, new things to learn--good luck & have lots of fun Girls!!
1 comment:
I love the first day of school too! the girls all looked so cute. Melissa looked so old and grown up...always ready for the next step in life.
Post a Comment