Thursday, December 18, 2008

Brittany's Christmas Program

Brittany's school had a Christmas program today. It was put on by the 4th & 5th graders. They did such a great job. Lots of kids were involved by saying parts, singing parts or playing instruments. The theme was "Christmas Around the World" and so they sang different songs that came from different countries & shared some traditions. It was so nice to be at an actual Christmas concert & not just a "winter program". I just don't understand why people are so offended to learn about other cultures, religions & traditions. I have always felt that if my children learn about other ways people live then they are more accepting & understanding of others and also more grateful & stronger in who they are and what they believe. I wish more people felt that way so we didn't have to limit so much of what is taught or celebrated in our schools.
Brittany had a part in her program & she did a great job. The children all sang the songs beautifully & several times I had tears in my eyes listening to them. I love seeing all these children perform, especially at Christmas time. It always helps to get in the Christmas mood.

No comments: