I've heard about this Crypto Disease that's been going around in Utah & Idaho. It's a disease that you can get from swallowing water--pools, lakes, rivers, etc. It's passed from feces so it can also be passed if someone has changed diapers or not washed their hands after going to the bathroom then they can pass it from having it on their hands, too. It has to be swallowed--that just sounds so gross to me. It can take 2-10 days from when you were contaminated to show up & it can last 1-2 weeks.
The week of Sept. 2nd, my kids took turns having a little sickness--mostly diahrea, their stomachs hurting a little, too. It lasted a few days each & then it was over. On Sept. 8th (Sat), I started feeling sick & figured it was what they had. By Monday, I was on the couch & having a hard time getting off & helping the kids. I had this terrible pain in my stomach, diahrea, bloated, gassy, just miserable. I couldn't eat anything & this lasted into Tues. On Tues, I felt nauseated & had a headached plus the other symptoms. By Wed, I was feeling much better until that afternoon. I started getting these awful cramps in my stomach. They were so bad I was laying on the floor & couldn't get up. Nicole had dance, but I knew there was no way I could get her there. I somehow called a friend to take her for me--the cramping was so bad I could hardly get any words out. The cramping lasted for about 1/2 an hour & then they finally went away. The next day I woke up feeling pretty good, so I went ahead & tried eating--I had a lunch date with some friends. Eating just wasn't what my body wanted. Everytime I ate, this pain in my stomach came back or got worse. I didn't eat much until Sat. for lunch & I tried a salad--not a good choice. My stomach pains came right back. I figured that maybe if I didn't eat anymore than the pains might finally go away. Sunday I stayed home from church. I was feeling better, but I was so drained from not eating all week. By Sunday night I was feeling pretty good, so I ate some Ritz crackers. They tasted so good that I ate half the package. Monday went pretty good--still tired, but I ate a lot more. I probably shouldn't have had the popcorn last night cause the pain is back a little this morning, but hopefully I'll have more energy from getting some food. I'm on about day 10 so it's got to be getting out of my system soon. I'm just glad my kids didn't get it as bad as I did. Jake never got it (thank goodness), but all the girls did. They've handled it really well so I really don't know how long each one had it.
1 comment:
Oh Becca,
I am sooo sorry to hear about your real hard time...man it reminds me of when I was pregnant for the first 4 months...anything my stomach did not like oh boy I was in for a surpise!
Hope you are better and glad to hear about your cool time at time out!
Hugs,
Muriel
Post a Comment